Fine blanking, Toolmaking and Technology
- William Mitchell is the UK’s largest fine blanking business.
- Tool room:
- William Mitchell realise the importance of maintaining tools and equipment to industry leading standards to ensure the on-going quality of the parts supplied.
- To facilitate this, a fully equipped tool room is available on site including 4 wire and 2 spark eroders.
- Regular maintenance through TPM is carried out on tools and presses.
- A high percentage of new tools are designed and manufactured on site.
- Fine Blanking Presses:
- 12 Feintool Presses ranging from 40 tonne to 630 tonne with CNC controllers.
- A 320 tonne Schmid Press which is fitted with a CNC controller.
- Many ancillary processes are on site including both Duplex and Lumsden