Diecasting is a metal casting process that is characterised by the forcing of molten metal under high pressure into a mould cavity.
The benefits of Die-Casting:
- Excellent dimensional accuracy.
- Smooth or specific textured cast surfaces.
- Thinner wall sections are possible over other methods of metal casting.
- Inserts can be cast in as part of process (i.e. threaded inserts, shafts, spigots, pressings).
- Reduced number of secondary operations / machining.
- High production rates are possible, improved further by the use of multi cavity tools.
- 100% material yield.
AvonPDC Business address is:
40 Holford Way, Birmingham, West Midlands B6 7AX